In this review, we’ll look at the features and performance of the K2-S TWS earbuds with a powerful charging case. Some of the features that make it one of the best affordable earbuds include Bluetooth version 5.1 with a 10m transmission range for smooth and stable connectivity, dual drive for authentic sound and deep bass, up to 4 hours of music time, more power with the 3500mAh charging case that is capable of working as a power bank to charge smartphones alongside the earbuds, comfortable ear tips, high-end mirror digital display and IPX3 waterproof technology. Tag along with us as we dive into the review of the K2-S TWS earbuds in this article.
What’s in the Box?
The box is actually a basic one. It comes in dark glossy packaging with the picture of the K2-S TWS earbuds and charging case at the centre, while the back shows the technical parameters and at the side, the colours available. The packaging contains:
- 1 Pair earphones
- 2 Pair ear tips
- 1 Piece USB type C cable
- 1 Piece user manual
- 1 Charging case
Product Specifications of K2-S TWS Earbuds
- Product model: K2-S
- Material: Aluminium alloy + PC + ABS
- Net packaging: 140g
- Packaging size: 10 x 10 x 3cm
- Bluetooth version: V5.1
- Bluetooth range: 10m (ideal environment without any large obstacles)
- Battery capacity (Earbuds): 3.7V/50mAh; Charging case: 3500mAh (with IC Protection Board)
- Sensitivity: -90dBm
- Power Display: Mirror LED display
- Dual Drive unit: 8mm
- IPX3 waterproof technology
Design and Comfort
The K2-S TWS earbuds with the ergonomic design are very similar to the Ceppekyy and OPPO Enco W11 earbuds but cost much less. They are made out of plastic with the very good build quality. Speaking of the colour, K2-S comes in two variants, black and white. For this review, we got the black colour.
Innovative Design and High-end mirror Digital display
Starting with the design, the earbud comes in a rectangular-shaped box with rounded edges that is light in weight and can easily fit in your pocket. There is a charging point for the case and another output that can charge your phone or other devices. The charging case of the K2-S TWS earbuds has a high-definition mirror digital display at the top indicating the battery status. The earbud has a plastic finish which is extremely prone to scratch marks and an alloy round circle for the touch control. The mirror LED display is clear at an instant glance and can be used as a mirror.
Aluminium alloy metal frame and CNC integrated stamping
K2-S headphone adopts the CNC integrated stamping process to upgrade the aluminium alloy base, which is wear-resistant and durable.
The ergonomic earbuds are designed to conform to the shape of the ear canal. The ear tips bring a secure fit without hurting your ears, enabling a comfortable wearing experience.
The earbuds are super lightweight, you could put them in your pocket and take them with you wherever you go. This makes it ideal for recreational indoor and outdoor activities. For sports lovers, you can engage in sports and enjoy playing songs at the same time without damage to the earbud.
For earbud users that love listening to music while sleeping, you can comfortably sleep wearing the K2-S headphones and enjoy music without discomfort or disturbance.
IPX3 waterproof technology
With K2-S TWS earbuds IPX3 waterproof technology, users need to worry about water and sweat anymore. The earbud is good for sports lovers.
Controls and Connectivity
The K2-S TWS earbuds support Bluetooth 5.1 and the connection range is around 10 meters. The pairing process is very easy and fast. The earbuds work well with Android and iOS devices.
Intelligent Touch Operations
This feature supports switching songs, answering calls and voice assistants.
How to use the K2-S TWS Earbuds Smart Touch Control
This is a step-by-step guide on how you can use the K2-S TWS earbuds for the first time:
- First, tear off the insulation sticker on the earbuds and put it in the charging case to charge
- If the earbuds are not switched off in the charging case, press the touch button for 3 seconds to start the phone; if the earbuds are taken out in the charging case, they will start automatically
- The blue light flashes when the red light is on and then the red and blue lights flash alternatively to indicate starting and both left and right earbuds automatically connect after 3 seconds
- After both earbuds connect successfully, the red and blue lights in the main ear will flash alternatively and the blue lights in the second ear will flash slowly
- Switch on your Bluetooth on the mobile phone or device you wish to connect with and search for K2 and click to connect
- If you are unable to pair, you can manually connect the earbuds through the Bluetooth of the device
- You can make use of just one earbud by placing the other back in the charging case without your connection being affected
- To power off, touch the button for 3 seconds and the red light flashes three times to power off. Put the headset back into the charging case
Pairing your K2-S TWS Earbuds
To pair your earbud with your mobile phone or any other device, pick up the earbud from the charging case. Both earbuds will start automatically and enter the pairing mode. The earbud will have a prompt sound when pairing successfully.
Note: If the earbud cannot be paired successfully for a long time, put it back into the charging case before picking it up or disconnect both earbuds from all devices and pair them again.
key Controls to Play Music and Answer Calls
- To play or pause music, click on the left or right earbud touch key
- To pause or play music, double-click on the left and right earbuds
- You can switch songs by double-clicking the left and right earbuds to switch the previous or next song
- To switch between Chinese and English, double-click on either side before pairing
- Click the touch button to answer an incoming call and click the touch key to hang up or end a call
- Press the touch button for two seconds longer to reject a call
- Strike left and right earbuds to increase or decrease the volume
- Switch to game mode with four-stroke
How is the Sound Quality of K2-S TWS Earbuds
The 8mm dual drive unit on the K2-S Bluetooth Headset offers decent bass sound performance and the overall sound quality is decent for the price.
Audio Quality and Call Performance
You can definitely feel the bass when listening to music or playing games. With the earbud tips, you can be sure of reduced noise and voice clarity during calls in crowded or noisy areas. The earbuds have a tiny microphone, which is clear while answering voice calls.
The charging case has a built-in 3500mAh battery that also serves the purpose of charging your mobile phone, tablet and other devices. When your mobile phone is out of power, it can reverse charge the mobile phone and become an emergency power bank to avoid the trouble of a low battery. You get to purchase an earbud and a backup power bank.
According to K2-S, the estimated charging time of the earbud is 1 hour, the case charging time is 3 hours and the cumulative playing time is about 4 hours which will vary due to the product or other factors. After testing, the battery on the earbuds can last 4 hours on a single charge.
Charging the Earbud
When the earbud is low in power, it will send a low-power warning sound. If the earbud is turned on or off, insert it into the charging case and it will automatically charge. After a full charge, the indicator light in the charging case will turn off.
Charging the Power Case
The LED screen will be turned off when the charging case is displayed at 0%. To charge, use the USB type-C cable with a power brick connected to the power case. When the case is charged, the last digit of the number flashes.
Note: Use a charger with output voltage DC5V, USB port of PC or charger with output USB port with safety certification from the manufacturer.
Similar TWS wireless earbud reviews, you might be interested in:
- Oraimo Freepods 3 Review: A Perfect Upgrade
- Oppo Enco W11 review: Great sound quality with enhanced bass
- Oraimo 2baba FreePods 2 TWS Earbuds Review: Perfect for the price
- Tecno Hipods H2 Review
- Ceppekyy true wireless earbud review
- Itel ITW-60 true wireless earbud review and price
Price and Availability of K2-S TWS Earbuds
The K2-S TWS earbuds pricing is around $24 and it is available on xacase.com. We found it at lower prices on aliexpress and gzningbing at around 8,000 naira in Nigerian currency. If you live in Nigeria, it is advisable to purchase on Jumia store for 7,300 naira promo price excluding shipping fees.
Overall, the K2-S is a good Bluetooth true wireless earbud for this price range. With good sound quality for music, calls and game, a long-lasting battery, a lightweight design, and a backup power bank, you should consider buying the K2-S TWS earbuds.