Viva Technology is back this year, from June 16th to 19th, with a first-of-its-kind program. Renowned speakers, important initiatives and also new innovations over four days will set the pace for the first hybrid event on this scale to take place in the last 18 months. Saturday will be reserved for the general public, with activities and experiences as fun as they are spectacular, to be enjoyed on the grounds of the Porte de Versailles exhibition center. Four inspiring days, packed with opportunities for business and with flashes of innovation, to contribute to this long-awaited moment of recovery and reconnection.
This year, more than 1,100 exhibitors are expected, the majority of them in-person at Porte de Versailles in Paris. VivaTech’s founding partners BNP Paribas, Google, La Poste, LVMH and Orange, but also EDF, EY, Huawei, ManpowerGroup, Microsoft, Renault Group’s Mobilize brand, RATP Group, Sanofi, Salesforce, Air Liquide, Clear Channel, Dassault Systèmes, Engie, Facebook, Groupe
Bouygues, HPE, Klaxoon, KPMG, McKinsey & Company, Ministry of the Armed Forces (France), Ile de
France region (France), Occitanie region (France), Sud region (France), Royal Canin, Swisstech, Veolia and many others are renewing their confidence in Viva Technology by choosing this year’s event to reveal their innovations to the world and to share their vision of their transformation. VivaTech continues to play a pivotal role as a business accelerator linking the different stakeholders of the international tech ecosystem, for more qualitative and inclusive growth.
Inspiring Top-Level Speakers
This fifth edition will be highlighted by the participation of many inspiring top-level speakers that make headlines:
- Tim Cook (CEO – Apple)
- Eric S. Yuan (fondateur & CEO – Zoom)
- Mark Zuckerberg, (Founder & CEO – Facebook)
- Thomas Kurian (CEO – Google Cloud)
- Stéphane Richard (Chairman & CEO – Orange)
- Arvind Krishna (Chairman & CEO – IBM)
- Brad Smith (President – Microsoft)
- Dan Schulman (CEO – PayPal)
- Bernard Arnault (Chairman & CEO – LVMH)
- Mitchell Baker (CEO – Mozilla Corporation & Chairwoman, Mozilla Foundation)
- Nick Clegg (VP of Global Affairs – Facebook) and many others (complete list here).
More than 500 Innovations responding to major societal challenges
More than 500 innovations, 15 launches or world premieres, and more than 100 3D/AR models for this hybrid edition of Viva Technology, with a particular emphasis on impact technologies:
Tech for the Environment
Ehang, a Chinese startup, will present the first autonomous and electric air taxi (eVTOL).
Cueillette urbaine, a French startup selected as one of the 1,000 solutions approved by Solar Impulse, designs, installs and operates vegetable-growing areas on rooftops, on terraces, in courtyards.
EZ-1: Just unveiled, the EZ-1 Prototype belongs to the car-sharing category. It is the very first urban solution from the Renault Group’s new Mobilize brand, intended for shared use and available for rental.
Tech for society
Hable, a smart controller connected by Bluetooth that allows blind people to interact with their smartphone, working towards a more inclusive digital world.
ExactCure, a startup supported by Huawei, offers a personalized solution for the proper use of medication. Specifically, the digital twin of a patient simulates the concentration of medication in his or her blood according to characteristics such as age, gender, liver condition, etc.
Life Plus, hosted by the BNP Paribas Lab, helps professionals working with the elderly to prevent frailty through connected assistance and remote medical monitoring solutions.
Geointelligence des territoires. With this solution, La Poste (the French Post Office) can measure the heat loss of buildings using sensors placed on letter carriers’ vehicles during their rounds and then draw up a precise map.
Tech to watch
Sense Glove: Haptic gloves that make training and professional situations more realistic through virtual reality.
Next Modular is developing tests for electric (soon to be autonomous) and modular vehicles. Tests have already been carried out in Dubai, and logistics solutions are currently being developed.
Future of work
Microsoft Mesh enables presence and shared experiences from anywhere – on any device – through mixed-reality apps.
Experis Career Accelerator by ManpowerGroup, the career transition GPS, designed in partnership with corporations, staffing firms and governments to help workers make faster, smarter and more successful career transitions in the age of automation.Also worth noting is the creation of virtual showrooms and immersive experiences accessible from VivaTech’s digital platform:
- The Discovery Showroom dedicated to the low-carbon transition, by EDF
- The Robot Tech Showroom, by EDF
- The Pet Health Tech Showroom, by Royal Canin
- The 5G Tech Showroom, by Ericsson
- The Space Tech Showroom, by Arianespace
- The Construction Tech Showroom, by Bouygues Construction
- The Mobility Showroom
- The Sustainability Showroom
- The Immersive 5G Lab, by Orange: A unique immersive experience to show what 5G is about to do to positively transform our lives, from healthcare to gaming, from entertainment to industry, from smart cities to new forms of mobility.
Finally, the winners of the many other challenges organized by various Viva Technology partners will also be announced. These challenges are real high points for the selected startups and encourage the creation of lasting business links between emerging businesses and established companies.
Saturday, June 19: A program for the general public on major social issues
VivaTech opens its doors to the general public on Saturday, June 19, with three sessions of three hours each: 9am-12pm / 12pm-3pm / 3pm-6pm.Innovations, experiences and topical discussions will set the pace for the day. Inspiring speakers, influencers and entrepreneurs, among them André Manoukian, Bastien Oggeri (co-founder of Innovafeed) and Philippine Dolbeau (founder of Newschool), will debate in French on current affairs (diversity and inclusion, environment, city of the future, education, sport and innovation, music & tech, tech for well-being, future of food…) There will be activities throughout the day:
- Mega Women & Girls in Tech will also be launched at VivaTech this year. This is the largest intergenerational collective of women and girls in tech, initiated by Simplon, BNP Paribas and Digital Ladies & Allies to promote existing career paths and to increase the number of women in the sector.
- Prep’Apprentissage: Openclassrooms’ online training will be at the heart of a program of meetings between young people and VivaTech’s partner companies, which are committed to reserving trainee positions for them as of the beginning of the next school year.
- Coaching Youth: L’Escalator, EFAP and EY are joining forces during VivaTech to help young people find employment. 30-minute speed coaching sessions will be offered to 100 young people by volunteer coaches from our partner companies and startups.
- A Chance For Every Young Person: The civictech platform Make.org will present the results of the Grande Cause initiative, “How to give every young person a chance?”, launched in 2018 at VivaTech with Accor, Google, BNP Paribas and PwC. Workshops will be held at the BNP Paribas Lab to move from experimental work to scale.
- Next Startupper Challenge with French Founders: Launched in 2019, this inter-school and inter-university challenge aims to promote entrepreneurship among students, to highlight their creativity and agility in these times of crisis, and more concretely to allow them to test and boost their projects with professionals. This year, the theme “Tech for Good / Impact Project” will be the focus.
Saturday will also be an opportunity to present several artistic and immersive digital experiences:
- CADAF will be participating in Digital Art Month and will present various works by leading digital artists.
- With the support of BNP Paribas, the “Les ailleurs” festival will take the opportunity in association with Fisheye and the Gaîté Lyrique to present works in virtual reality.
- The Creative Motion studio will offer the public a unique visual and sensory experience that is totally immersive.
Finally, VivaTech will play the entertainment card with several participatory events:
- An eFoot tournament
- A Cosplay parade
- Lightsaber combat demonstrations (training sessions will be offered in the afternoon)
Press accreditation is still available for June 16, 17, 18 and 19. Register today to attend this extraordinary event (in-person or online) by following this link:
About Viva Technology
In only 4 years, Viva Technology has become Europe’s biggest startup and tech event and is recognized worldwide as a powerful catalyst for business transformation, startup growth and innovation for the common good. VivaTech brings together in Paris every year business leaders, startuppers, investors, researchers and thinkers from around the world for a unique experience combining inspiration, networking and innovation discovery.
In 2019, VivaTech had already reached 231 million people worldwide, bringing together 124,000 visitors including more than 13,000 start-ups, 3,000 venture capital firms and 2,500 journalists from 124 countries. The 5th edition of VivaTech will be held on June 16-19, 2021.