Popular instant messaging app, telegram has launched a fast and secured video call feature as part of the activities marking its seventh year anniversary.
Telegram stated in a blog post while marking its seventh year anniversary, that alpha version of video calls is now available for both android and iOS users. The Coronavirus pandemic which began early this year highlighted the need for face-to-face communication.
Related Article: Twitter rolls out tweet your voice feature for iOS
About telegram video call
- Tap the profile page of the contact you wish to connect with.
- Telegram users can switch video on or off at any time during voice calls
- Video calls support picture-in-picture mode which allows users to multitask during calls and still maintain eye contact.
- All calls are protected with end-to-end encryption.
- To confirm connection, compare the four icons you see on the screen for you and the other user. To be sure your call is 100% secured by time-tested encryption also used in telegrams secret chats and voice call all the four icons must match.
Called up the pal @lefeberfever on @telegram— raj काणे (@RajRKane) August 18, 2020
to talk serious matters. End-to-end encryption is a must for such evening discussions. Thanks for the great new video call feature @durov – love it! pic.twitter.com/pBlzrOGLvB
According to the post by Telegram “Our apps for Android and iOS have reproducible builds, so anyone can verify encryption and confirm that their app uses the exact same open source code that we publish with each update,”
Telegram is planning to add more features while also using feedback of past Version to improve on its future version. It also plans to launch group video calls in the coming months.
In celebration of the company 7 years operation, telegram rolled out another set of new animated emojis which users can access in a chat. The added emoji allows users to simply send a message with a single emoji.
Founded in 2013 by two brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov. Telegram is a secured messaging app platform with over 400 million users. It is also one of the top 10 most-downloaded apps used all over the world.