Instagram has introduced doubled the number of users that can go live from two to four ( host and three other users). Previously, users can only go live with only one other person in a stream, but now you can have up to three person on your live broadcast.
When you start a Live Room, you’ll remain at the top of the screen when you add guests. As a broadcaster, you can add up to three guests at once or one by one. For example, you could start with two guests, and add a surprise guest as the third participant later!
According to a blog post by Instagram, the company said “We hope that doubling up on Live will open up more creative opportunities — start a talk show, host a jam session or co-create with other artists, host more engaging Q&As or tutorials with your following, or just hang out with more of your friends.”
Live Rooms also gives creators even more ways to build a business and earn money. We recently announced that Live viewers could purchase badges for their favorite creators to show their love. With Live Rooms, viewers can buy badges for the hosts and use other interactive features like Shopping and Live Fundraisers. We’re also exploring more interactive tools such as offering moderator controls and audio features that will be available in the coming months.
Covid-19 pandemic has brought about a virtual world and people have embraced live in different ways. Content creators of all kinds, bloggers, celebrities, political activists, leaders, chefs, fitness trainers and many more have created special moments on Instagram live bringing people together to reach their communities in creative ways.
How it works
- To start a Live Room, swipe left and pick the Live camera option.
- Add a title and tap the Rooms icon to add your guests.
- Live request is seen and you can also search for a guest to add
- Features that are currently available to Live hosts, such as the ability to report and block comments, and apply comment filters will also be available to hosts of Live Rooms.
- People that are blocked by any of the active participants in the Live Room will not be able to join the Live.
- Guests who have had live access revoked because of violations of our Community Guidelines also won’t be able to join a Live Room.
Instagram live room update is another step forward in giving creators more ways to reach and interact with their audiences. Live Rooms will soon be available globally for everyone on Instagram.
Related article: You can now go live on Instagram for up to 4 hours