The Digital Future Initiative is a collaborative initiative of The Zariah Elizabeth Foundation, Hawksworth and Microsoft Nigeria, and seeks to train recent graduates and young professionals who need to develop in-demand digital skills to enhance their marketplace competitiveness while contributing to solving societal problems.
The Digital Future Initiative training is aimed at nurturing and equipping Nigerian youth with practical 21st-century skills to increase employability as well as entrepreneurship. The program will be virtual and designed to be intensive, engaging and project-based, so that beneficiaries are well equipped to deliver on market demands and innovate solutions to societal problems.
Trainees will also be supported to become tech entrepreneurs who develop new locally-relevant products and services. Online learning resources and content will be provided to participants for guided learning, while weekly Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) sessions with designated industry experts will be held to assure assimilation and practical application of knowledge acquired per week.
The program is FREE but you must pass the selection phase by meeting the criteria. Female applicants are especially encouraged.
- Software Development
- Project Management and Financial Analytics
- Digital Marketing Specialist and Sales Representative
- Data Analytics
- Product Design
- Must be a graduate with at least an OND degree
- Grit to keep on learning
- Willingness to learn new concepts
- Must be able to commit at least 15 hours to learn each week throughout the program duration.
- Access to a working computer and a reliable internet connection
Benefits of the Digital future initiative skills training program
- Acquire top digital skills in any of 5 specializations as recommended by popular employer feedback and LinkedIn Learning as most in-demand in today’s work environment
- Meet and learn from experienced industry experts for professional mentorship
- Acquire Completion Certificates to serve as the first proof of proficiency in the learned skill
- Develop market-relevant digital skills and able to deploy same towards solving societal problems
- Be exposed to vital soft skills, employability, and entrepreneurship training that will combine to increase the employability and work readiness of successful beneficiaries.
Target number of beneficiaries: 750
Application deadline: Saturday, 6 February, 2021.
Register here then check for email inbox with next steps. You will be sent a Pre-Selection Survey to gauge your current skill level and learn more about your needs and career aspirations. If you don’t receive an email inbox, please check your spam folder.
For more information: Visit the official website here