Techpoint Startup School is back, this time in the city of Port Harcourt. Last year, Techpoint hinted at a possible startup school edition in Port Harcourt in partnership with eLabs Africa.
According to an official announcement on Techpoint website, leading media platform dedicated to startups, entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology in Africa stated that it has sealed off a long-time discussion, feasibility study and an overall need for the upcoming Startup School in Port Harcourt.
Aim of Techpoint Startup School
With a focus on early-stage startups, the aim is to essentially show a roadmap to properly position young, growing companies for growth.
- Eziekel Amefula, CEO, Pamdrive
- Uche Aniche, Founder, Startup South.
- Precious Chukundah, Founder, Chigisoft.
- Ayobami Terigba, Relationship Ops.. Ingressive Capital
- Aderemi Fagbemi, Partner Tope Adebayo LLP
Three day immersive Courses
Streamlined into 3-day immersive classes, this edition will focus on;
- Searching for co-founders
- Creating a founding team
- Learning organisational structure
- Setting up an advisory board
- Deciding when to bring in a board of directors
- Learning how to position to raise Pre-seed to Series A funding
- Understanding equity structuring
- Understanding the concept of vesting
- Learning team stock options
- Legal framework for startups
Date: April 14th to April 16th, 2021.
Registration Fee: ₦35,000.
It is is a limited physical-only attendance. Register here
The Port Harcourt edition will be the beginning of Techpoint franchise model to scale Startup School beyond Lagos. Through franchise effort, the company we will be able to work with instructors and partners at different communities to equip people who work in startup or technology companies with the practical and relevant knowledge needed to build global and scalable organisations in Africa.
About Techpoint startup School
The school is a platform to educate and equip people who work in startup or technology companies with the practical and relevant knowledge needed to build a global and scalable organisation in Africa. The school was borne out of the struggles and mistakes common among African individuals building their startup or working for a startup such as Product Leads, Designers Data Analyst etc.