The Tech Relevant Teacher (TRT) Project is a Bunmi Adedayo Foundation initiative, sponsored by The Coca-Cola Foundation. The project aims to train 200 low-cost and middle schools (school heads and teachers) in virtual teaching skills and technologies. It also seeks to introduce virtual teaching into schools who do not have the resources and skills to do so by supporting them with hardware and software resources. It is a 4-month project (between February and May 2021) that shall directly impact 600 beneficiaries (200 School Heads, 200 Math Teachers and 200 English teachers) and indirectly reach over 1,400 teachers. The trainings will be delivered both virtually while the mentoring will be blended.
TRT Project includes the following activities:
1. School Sustainability and Leadership Conference
2. Training of teachers in virtual teaching skills and techniques
3. Grant award to 30 deserving schools to set up a mini-content production suite
4. Subject expert mentoring in Math and English
5. Mentoring and production of e-learning courses/lessons for immediate uptake
6. Launch of the BAF LMS
Who can enroll for Tech-Relevant Teacher project
All low-cost and middle cost private schools are qualified to register and enroll for the project. It is restricted to schools in Lagos State only. The Tech-Relevant Teacher (TRT) Project will work with: “low-middle cost primary schools in the six (6) Education Districts of Lagos State with at least 6 teachers on its payroll, while registered teachers for the program must have a smart phone and possess basic computer skills” For the purpose of the Tech-Relevant Teacher (TRT) Project, The Mobilization Partner, W-Holistic Business Solutions (W-HBS) has set the beneficiary definition as:
• Low-Cost Schools: This is defined as schools that charge tuition of a maximum of N75,000/annum.
• Middle-Cost Schools: This is defined as schools with tuition of N75,001 – N200,000/annum
- The school must be based in Lagos State
- It is strictly for primary school heads and teachers.
- It is for low-middle-cost schools (Government-owned schools not included)
- School owners or school administrator are expected to register on behalf of their schools.
- 4. Only three people (School Head, 1 Math and 1 English teacher) will be directly trained by the Foundation
- All Registered Teachers must have a smart phone and must possess basic computer skills
- School must have at least 6 teachers
- School leadership must commit to organizing a step-down training for teachers who were not registered
- School leadership must be available to attend the School Sustainability and Leadership Conference on Thursday, 27th February 2021
Deadline for registration: Registration closes on Tuesday, 16th February, 2021
Notification of shortlisted applicants: All shortlisted schools will be notified latest Friday 19th February, 2021.
Click Here to register